Volunteer at Camp
Summer Camp Youth Volunteer Program
Spend part of your summer with the Museum of Life and Science!
Youth volunteers age 13-17 work with our Summer Camps, supporting the informal science education led by paid staff. They prepare the classroom for the day, help the Educator and Assistant with classroom management and work directly with the kids on a wide variety of experiments, projects, and activities. Volunteers help provide a fun and safe environment while assisting campers in their exploration of science!
Camps run June 6 – August 19 at the Museum in Durham. We will also offer camp at the Montessori Community School of Chapel Hill from June 20 – August 5. Volunteers must work 8:30 am-3:30 pm, although they may arrive by 8 am. In addition, every Monday morning, there will be a team meeting at 8 am for all volunteers assigned that week.
- Be at least 13 years old by June 6, 2022
- Have experience working with young children and in positions of responsibility
- Have demonstrated the ability to work as part of a team
- Have an interest in science
- Volunteers attending school on a traditional calendar must be able to work two weeks of camp. The weeks do not need to be consecutive. Volunteers attending school on a year-round calendar must be able to work one week of camp.
Hours and Pricing
Beforecare: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Camp Sessions: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Aftercare: 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
General Public: $355/week
Lunch*: $35/week (vegetarian and omnivore options available)
* Lunch is only available at the Durham Museum Camp